Swipe iX is looking for a talented Senior UX & UI Designer to create beautiful, intuitive, and functional user centric products.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements to interaction flows and design artifacts. They will understand how designs can be applied to all applicable device types and screen sizes utilising a responsive mobile-first approach.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of good UX principles and outputs and is always staying on top of the latest trends while being able to represent the company by ensuring world class services are delivered. They will have a strong work ethic, is methodical in their approach and planning as well as a strong aptitude for problem-solving and team dynamics. The ideal candidate should have a collaborative approach with team members across different silos throughout the stages of a project lifecycle in order to gain input on ideas and solutions and its feasibility.
Ideal candidates are responsive, flexible, and are self-starters who bring original ideas and fresh approaches to everyday projects.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Take high-level requirements and turn them into interaction flows and design artifacts to create beautiful, intuitive, and functional user centric products.
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches, and visual design.
- Create low and high-fidelity wireframes, storyboards, empathy maps, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Create dynamic prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways.
- Stay up to date with new technologies, industry and design trends and demonstrate a passion for learning .
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Ensuring that execution takes place on all design stages from concept to final hand-off to the client.
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative software / web development processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, scrum processes, service-oriented environments, and development methodologies.
- Competency with various design techniques, styles and resources including Component-Based Design systems & UI Style Guides and documentation.
- Experience in extracting artefacts and styles from UI designs as technical specifications for development execution.
- At least 3 years UX experience at intermediate level in a digital agency environment.
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe Suite and/or other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Demonstrable skills with a strong portfolio of past client work.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively in conjunction with engineering and product teams.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process specifically within an agency environment.
Founded in early 2014 by industry leaders Leo Redelinghuys and Deon Heunis, Swipe iX has quickly grown to become one of the most dynamic and versatile digital solutions agencies in Africa. With globally recognised clients including WeChat, DStv and Discovery Networks UK, to name a few, our team of senior solutions architects, technical designers and operations specialists have had the privilege of working on some of the most exciting technical executions of their careers’.
As of 2020 Swipe iX is owned by South Africa’s leading content marketing agency, New Media, combining decades of award-winning storytelling expertise with solid, scalable tech solutions. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we strive to create a flexible and balanced environment where New Medians and Swipers can choose brave, stay well and own their growth.
Passion and dedication are what drives the engine of our growth. Our enterprise-grade solutions are purpose-built from the ground up to satisfy every requirement and our platforms scale to support any load. Our agile approach allows us to constantly monitor, analyze, iterate and improve the products we build. Our solutions are powered by deep strategic thinking, global industry insights and operational best practices.
Innovation and energy
You approach your work with passion, pace and enthusiasm and are willing to go the extra mile to achieve results. You are innovative, focussing on solutions and bring a positive spirit to the team.
Open to learning and sharing
You constantly look for opportunities to learn and grow. You use team strengths and experiences and ask when you need advice or help. You share your ideas and knowledge with others. You listen, are receptive and open to feedback (i.e. not defensive). You are flexible to changing business needs.
Invest in future potential
You are self-motivated and eagerly drive your own development. You are willing to invest the time and effort necessary to grow. You are also prepared to give freely of your time and energy to assist in developing others and the business as a whole.
Courage to contribute ideas
You make suggestions and participate actively in your projects and activities. You proactively deal with difficult situations and focus on finding workable solutions that are in the best interests of the project, department and business.
Celebrate and reward excellence in contribution
You enthusiastically celebrate and acknowledge excellence in individuals and teams. You aspire to achieve Swipe's high standards consistently and, in so doing, participate in driving a culture of performance and contribution.
While we do not offer hard benefits like medical insurance, we have a number of additional benefits that will be made available to you. These include:
- Annual performance-based bonuses
- Half-day Fridays
- A custom development roadmap explicitly created for you and tailored towards your career aspirations and growth
- Company-sponsored skills development programs such as courses, seminars and conferences
- Quarterly company-wide hackathons
- Remote Working
- State-of-the-art computer equipment
- Medical aid subsidy to the value of R500
- CSI, Study, paternal leave and more
- Company social and team-building initiatives
- Monthly and annual MVP awards and prizes
Given the employment equity policy of Swipe iX, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.