The Witness, a proud source of news and information in KZN and apart of the Media24 group, has an exciting opportunity for an Advertising Consultant in their Pietermaritzburg office. The main purpose of the role is to generate sales and new business deals, service current clients and key accounts and grow current sales by regularly calling on designated clients and accounts to sell the company's products and services within the geographic or product boundaries and thereby meet predetermined monthly revenue targets.
Grade 12. Tertiary Education in Sales and Media Industry. 3-5 years’ experience within a sales / target driven environment; Experience dealing with advertising agencies. Experience in media industry. Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications; Knowledge of sales strategies and concepts; Good understanding of developing sales reports. Sound understanding of demographic data (LSM). Valid driver's licence, with own vehicle.
Skills & Competencies:
• Excellent verbal communication skills • Excellent written communication skills • Problem solving skills • Negotiation and persuasion skills • Ability to build and maintain good client relationships • Customer Service orientated • Goal orientated and motivated to succeed • Pressure resilience • Adaptability • Good planning and organising skills • Attention to detail • Interpersonal Skills • Time management skills • Computer literate • Methodical
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement account plans and approaches in line with the overall strategy formulated by the Sales Manager (Regional / National);
• Identify and generate new business opportunities ongoing to achieve predetermined sales targets;
• Prepare and present sales proposals and presentations to new and existing clients to negotiate and close deals;
• Create tailored solutions that meet the client’s short and long-term needs;
• Build strategic working relationships with clients and maintain a high level of client contact (telephonic, email communication and face to face) to ensure that their specific requirements are addressed, to monitor and grow existing business;
• Analyse potential sales opportunities by using data analyses, segmented research and information available to identify the needs most required and valued by these clients;
• Provide professional and exceptional client service in all interactions with clients;
• Closely monitor competitors and maintain client database;
• Keep all administrative work updated including service level agreements and contracts;
• Report on sales opportunities and achievements as required (weekly and monthly); and
• Maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge.
Media24 is Africa's leading publishing group and offers information and entertainment 24 hours a day. The group has interests in newspapers, magazines, internet businesses, book publishing, printing plants and distribution companies. Many of these publications and businesses are award-winning leaders in their respective fields. Media24 also has many international and local sister companies in the media industry through its holding company, Naspers.