This leading South African publisher and agent for British and American publishers, has an opening in the Finance Department for a Creditors and Admin Clerk who will be based in Johannesburg. The successful candidate will provide a clerical and administrative service in respect of creditor’s accounts to ensure sound and accurate financial procedures.
- Grade 12;
- Preferred Diploma / degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field;
- At least 3 years’ experience in creditor’s administration and reconciliations;
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications;
- General knowledge of the creditors processes is essential;
- Must have good knowledge of reconciling accounts;
- Sound knowledge of the Foreign Creditors’ process is non-negotiable.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Prepare payments to foreign creditors and on-demand vendors;
- Reconcile invoices against supplier statement and payment advice;
- Resolve outstanding invoices and other items on reconciliations;
- Process foreign supplier credit notes against claims;
- Ensure all local creditors invoices received are VAT compliant;
- Prepare payment requisitions for local creditors;
- Ensure correct payments are made within agreed terms;
- Timeous and accurate allocation of payments (local and foreign creditors);
- Maintain an efficient filing system with respect to accounting data, records, contracts and invoices;
- Extract information and data for the analysis of accounts, consolidate information and prepare spreadsheets for the accountant or business unit;
- Provide periodic reports and reconciliation supporting schedules as directed from time to time; and
- Assist in preparing monthly accounting schedules and reports in line with audit requirements;
- Assist with ad-hoc finance admin;
- Manage the company’s petty cash accounts;
- Assist with month-end process.
Skills and competencies:
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Attention to detail
- Good written communication skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Good problem-solving ability
- Pressure resilience
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Results orientation
- Good capturing and accuracy skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Good timekeeping and organizing skills
Given our employment equity guidelines, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.Those who meet the requirements of the post and are interested in applying for this position may direct an application on the website.