Daily Sun has a vacancy for a copy subeditor in its production office in Auckland Park.
- Editing news, features and adhering to strict deadlines;
- Caption and headline writing;
- Edit copy for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors;
- Fact check stories by liasing with news desk and reporters;
- Working as part of a team to ensure Daily Sun’s editorial quality.
- The ability to write punchy and accurate tabloid headlines;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Well developed English language skills;
- Good knowledge of newspaper production;
- Thorough knowledge of current affairs.
The successful candidate has to meet the following criteria:
- At least three years’ experience in copy subbing;
- Skilled at writing headlines and captions;
- Other applicable experience in journalism;
- Ability to work independently and meet daily deadlines;
- A valid code 8 driver’s licence;
- A diploma or degree in journalism or related field will strengthen the application.
In exchange for the successful candidate's services, the company offers a competitive salary, membership of the medical and retirement funds for persons qualifying.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated group