Media24 has a vacancy for a Business Analyst at its head office in Cape Town. This individual will report into a project manager and will be responsible for the analysis, documentation and recommendations on various IT and business-related initiatives.
- Obtain in-depth knowledge on how the relevant the business units operate as well as an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities;
- Facilitate and assist in the business process redesigns and provide the relevant documentation as needed;
- Translate high-level business requirements into documented functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications;
- Stay abreast of the latest technological trends and use this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge; and make recommendations for buy versus build decisions
- Managing small/medium sized software / business strategic projects
- SA Citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, BCom or other related fields or equivalent work experience.
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience
- Project implementation experience as a team member
- Project management experience would be an advantage
- Experience with and exposure to SDLC, Agile and ASAP methodologies
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Excellent ability to facilitate, gather, distill, document and present requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Processing modelling (BPMN; UML)
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as MS Project, MS Visio / Lucidchart skills
- Test strategy creation
- High attention to detail
- Team player
- Results oriented
- Excellent communication skills in English (including being able to cross-translate between technical and business jargon)
- Numerical skills to create basic budgets, business cases etc.
Closing date: 4 September 2018