Media 24’s News Division in Port Elizabeth has vacancies for graphic designers. The successful candidates will be responsible for advertising design for the Afrikaans daily and local titles.
- Matric/Grade 12;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in graphic design will be preferred;
- 1-3 years related experience;
- Previous experience in newspaper, magazine or an advertisement design agency environment;
- Proficiency in CorelDraw, Photoshop, Microsoft office and Adobe design software;
- The incumbent must be willing to work irregular hours and shifts when required and have own reliable transport.
- Sound language skills in Afrikaans and English
Skills & Competencies
- Adaptable - able to work with different personalities in a variety of situations;
- Able to translate a written piece into a visual piece;
- Ability to work well within a team as well as independently;
- Be able to work under pressure and deliver accurate quality work;
- Effective time management skills;
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make up and layout advertisements for the respective newspapers, supplements and booklets
- Support the sales reps with all aspects relating to graphic design;
- Handle complete material;
- Retouching of photography and deep etching;
- To manage the production flow of adverts to final print;
- Accurate placement of all adverts;
- Assist when required to design of print advertising and print material for all marketing communication projects.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups