We are a dynamic and creative company looking for smart, hard-working people who have courage, integrity, respect and accountability. We offer a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored if you are prepared for a challenge. Innovation and creativity are key for our start-up environment.
Role title: Sales Strategist/Account Manager
Job family: Sales Job grade: 4
Reports to: Sales Manager
Main purpose of the role:
To investigate, strategise and formulate comprehensive revenue generating print and media related projects/products for specific target markets and at the same time to formulate advertising, marketing, service and revenue generated solutions for clients that best meets their needs and to maximize sales opportunities and revenue for the company.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Investigate and research possible revenue generating opportunities that is in line with what the company can offer for continued and ad-hoc projects and products;
- Work closely with the sales manager, content journalist(s), circulation manager and marketing department to plan and establish these projects/products – turning it into long-term, sustainable and optimal revenue generating projects;
- To be strategic in establishing these projects/products – to benefit at least one or two or all the internal departments within the company, i.e. advertising, marketing/branding, circulation, editorial and local newspapers (identify possible synergies);
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of products (e.g. particular titles, their target market, etc.) to ensure best possible solutions are being utilizing to achieve the company goals and offered to clients;
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels and relationships with key stakeholder to remain up to date on plans, features and events that might be relevant;
- Ongoing investigation, establishing, planning and roll-out of all possible tender or relevant revenue generating opportunities;
- Perform quality control on information that is used or included in the solution, ensuring that information is factually correct and accurate;
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all print, advertising and other revenue platforms available within the company to be able to identify what would best meet the company and clients’ needs;
- Keep up to date with national and international markets, trends and competitor activity;
- Ensure that the final proposed solution meets the requirements of the client and relevant stakeholders;
- Build effective relationships and networks internally and externally with role players, contacts etc.
- Prepare and present proposals and presentations to all stakeholders;
- Provide professional and exceptional service in all interactions with clients and stakeholders;
- Keep all administrative work updated including service level agreements and contracts;
- Report on all plans, projects; sales opportunities and achievements as required (weekly and monthly); and
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge.
Skills and competencies
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to translate analysis into strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate and interact effectively at all levels
- Business and commercial acumen
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Goal orientation
- Pressure resilience
- Planning and organising
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management
- Deadline driven
- Tertiary Education in Sales and Media
- 3-5 years’ experience within a sales/ sales strategist/ target driven environment
- Experience in media industry
- Experience dealing with advertising agencies
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications;
- Knowledge of sales strategies and concepts
- Good understanding of developing sales reports.Sound understanding of demographic data (LSM)
- An existing network of contacts and well-established client relationships
- Knowledge of Pietermaritzburg and surrounding communities will be advantageous.
Media24 is Africa's leading publishing group and offers information and entertainment 24 hours a day. The group has interests in newspapers, magazines, internet businesses, book publishing, printing plants and distribution companies. Many of these publications and businesses are award-winning leaders in their respective fields. Media24 also has many international and local sister companies in the media industry through its holding company, Naspers.