Daily Sun has a vacancy for a revise sub-editor in its production office in Auckland Park.
- Editing news and features accurately and creatively under pressure and adhering to strict deadlines;
- Accurate and creative caption and headline writing;
- Working as part of a team to ensure Daily Sun’s editorial quality.
- Speed, tenacity and accuracy;
- The ability to write punchy tabloid headlines and captions;
- Thorough knowledge of media law;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Extremely well developed English language skills;
- Good knowledge of newspaper production;
- Thorough knowledge of current affairs;
- The ability to work tightly with a team and take instruction.
The successful candidate has to meet the following criteria:
- At least 5 years’ experience in copy subbing and revise;
- Skilled at writing headlines and captions;
- Other applicable experience in journalism;
- Ability to work independently and meet daily deadlines;
- A diploma or degree in journalism or related field will strengthen the application.
In exchange for the successful candidate’s services the company offers a competitive remuneration package, membership of the retirement and medical aid funds should the candidate qualify.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups
CLOSING DATE: 19 September 2019
(Please note that if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, you should regard your application as unsuccessful).