Content Manager: Vodacom
Are you creative and innovative? New Media is looking for a content guru with a solid understanding of analytics and SEO to join our Agency division.
Resilient client service is key to this role. You need to be adaptable and get to know your client so well that you anticipate their expectations and requirements. Regular travel to Johannesburg is necessary. If you choose brave in all that you do, read on.
- Running the consumer-facing blog day to day and generating content ideas
- Commissioning, editing, subbing and uploading content
- Managing and editing ad hoc projects as they arise
- Constantly helping to evolve the account and the content by staying abreast of trends in content marketing and being informed of our client’s world and the tech/telecommunications sector
- Analysis, insights and reporting of performance statistics on an ongoing basis
- Working with SEO to determine how content is commissioned and created
- Pitches and presentations designed to grow the account and unlock new opportunities for New Media
- Daily liaising with the client
- Working in close collaboration with the content manager responsible for the business-facing portion of this account
- Understanding and upholding the brand values and editorial strategy
- Attending events and launches where required
- Updating monthly HTML newsletters
- Organising photo and video shoots
- Sourcing pictures and basic image cropping and saving for web in Adobe Photoshop
- Driving new ideas for content to consistently take products forward
- Excellent presentation skills, subbing, strategic thinking, in-depth knowledge of SEO and analytics
At New Media, we generate measurable return on investment for our clients by creating emotional connections that matter – and our Purple People are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we strive to create a flexible and balanced environment where New Medians can choose brave, stay well and own their growth.
If you’re keen to work with us on this prestigious brand, apply on LinkedIn or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on 20 February, indicating the position in the subject line.
Note: New Media aims to provide equal opportunities in terms of its employment equity guidelines. We reserve the right to not fill this position should a suitable candidate not be found.