Media24, part of the Naspers Group, touches the lives of millions of consumers every day through our online and print media, book publishing, online services and ecommerce platforms. We are currently recruiting two IT Service Delivery Managers – based in Johannesburg and Cape Town respectively. These roles will report into the IT Operations Manager. If you are a go getter with high energy that is passionate about interacting with business and solving technology problems – this opportunity is for you!
Main Purpose of the Role
This role is instrumental in bridging the divide between business and technology services delivery within the shared technology services domain. This individual is hands-on in driving and resolving technology challenges for our business units with the key focus areas of IT service management, site and stakeholder relationship management.
- Relevant Diploma or tertiary qualification
- At least 3 to 5 years of IT experience in a service management capability spanning across multiple entities
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications
- A sound understanding of general technology services
- Exposure to IT Service Management frameworks and processes e.g. ITIL
Client Relationship and Service Management
- Regular interactions with business stakeholders to exchange experience, expectations, understand business processes, discuss new requirements, inputs, insights, concerns and possible problem areas with IT services raised and addressed.
- Track, escalate, resolve and report customer problems;
- Visit client sites and provide client on-site training when needed;
- Implementation of client support projects
- Have a clear understanding of all IT services provided to customers. This includes maintaining and communicating the business service catalogue;
- Ensures optimal management of the IT applications portfolio and associated infrastructure.
- Initiates any actions required to maintain or improve service levels to ensure service availability with minimum interruption;
- Monitor and reports on service level performance against agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs) with the business and operating-level agreements (OLAs) with service providers, both internal and external;
- Implement agreed site management projects on time, budget and scope with satisfactory quality achieving business aims.
- Implement relevant technology procurement projects and work with strategic IT vendors where applicable.
- Manage relevant external service providers to support the technical services where needed (eg PABX, Security, TV/audio, Videocon);
- Actively contribute towards the overall IT governance and risk management.
- Site audits and technical health assessments;
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Relationship building and management skills
- Project management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to continuously evolve and learn in a fast and agile technology environment.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.