Media24, part of the Naspers Group, touches the lives of millions of consumers every day through our online and print media, book publishing, online services and ecommerce platforms. We are currently recruiting for a SAP Application Support Specialist in Cape Town. This roles will report into the IT Manager: Application Support. If you are a go getter with high energy that is passionate about interacting with business and solving technology problems – this opportunity is for you!
Main Purpose of the Role:
To develop and implement the business & operational plans, policies and procedures for the successful management, support and security of related system applications currently used, as well as any newly implemented applications with a primary focus on Sales and Distribution and Materials Management.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Coordinates defined service levels, service agreements and coordinates the help desk
- Coordinates and evaluates processes to identify, track, escalate, resolve and report customer
- Adheres to defined standards and measures for quality and customer satisfaction
- Analyzes and evaluates the technical performance and reliability of products, systems and services against identified industry standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Implements technical service restorations and troubleshooting procedures for identifying, testing and diagnosing computer system and peripheral equipment faults;
- Implements and coordinates standards, procedures, processes and daily activities for the operations group.
- Supports new technologies
- Provides input and recommendations regarding business continuance issues and improvements to the operations of systems and processes supported.
- Investigates business requirements and proposes subsequent solutions
- Ensures optimal availability of related systems, e.g. EDI (Idocs), Recall and Returns scanning portfolio as applicable in order to meet the contracted service levels for 2nd and 3rd level support
- Responsible for problem solving by applying the correct procedures and documentation, and providing feedback according to SLA
- Responsible for maintenance regarding system configurations, procedures and securities
- Responsible for testing and implementation of new modules and enhancements
Skills and Competencies
(The abilities that the individual needs in order to perform this role effectively)
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Pressure resilience
- Results orientation
- Creative thinking
- Leadership skills
Qualification and Experience
- National diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 5 years IT experience in a desktop support, customer service and/or production support in multi-platform environment
- EDI knowledge (SAP IDocs)
- SAP Sales and Distribution knowledge
- SAP Materials Management knowledge
- IS-Media (advantageous)