Main purpose of the role: To coordinate all the marketing functions of Son from conceptualization through to execution
- Conceptualize, organise, coordinate and host external and internal functions, from planning through to closure, including responsibilities such as calculating budgets, sourcing sponsorship, choosing locations, arranging schedules, selecting speakers and entertainment, choosing vendors, selecting menus, sourcing accommodation and arranging transportation for attendees and creating and distributing marketing material;
- Development of marketing material and booking and placement in relevant publications/platforms.
- Attend functions and events to ensure that operations run smoothly, troubleshooting should any problems or issues arise during the course of the function or event;
- Identify and approach possible sponsors for special events and projects and negotiate sponsorship deals;
- Conceptualise and execute the production of promotional and corporate gifts and branding, liaising with suppliers, negotiating costs and delivery dates etc.;
- Organise branding at festivals, liaising with event organisers to obtain best possible branding opportunities;
- Meet third stream income budget;
- Flexibility to work overtime, including evening and weekends, as well as be available to travel.
Skills and competencies
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising
- written communication skills in Afrikaans
- Verbal communication skills in Afrikaans
- Pressure resilience
- Results orientation
Relevant tertiary degree or diploma in marketing, communications or similar.
- At least 2 years’ experience in event management or marketing.
- Experience within a large corporate environment and sponsorship management would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of relevant software packages and applications.