Boland Media, proud source of news and information in the Western Cape, has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic promotions consultant in its Stellenbosch office. The successful candidate’s core duties will be to generate sales and increase current promotional supplements and diverse income sales by working closely with the editorial teams to meet predetermined revenue targets
- Develop new revenue creating ideas and approaches in line with the overall target goals formulated with the assistance of editorial teams; Example: new supplements.
- Identify and generate new business opportunities ongoing to achieve predetermined sales targets;
- Prepare and present sales proposals and presentations to new and existing clients to negotiate and close deals;
- Create tailored solutions that meet the client’s short and long-term needs; To also manage the relationships around these projects to make sure that we get return business.
- Build strategic working relationships with clients and maintain a high level of client contact (telephonic, email communication and face to face) to ensure that their specific requirements are addressed, to monitor and grow existing business;
- Analyse potential sales opportunities by using data analyses, segmented research and information available to identify the needs most required and valued by these clients;
- Provide professional and exceptional client service in all interactions with clients;
- Closely monitor competitors and maintain client database;
- Keep all administrative work updated including service level agreements and contracts;
- Report on sales opportunities and achievements as required (weekly and monthly); and
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Relationship building
- Customer focus
- Goal orientation
- Pressure resilience
- Planning and organising
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- In certain areas of the company, would require relevant tertiary education in sales/marketing.
- Tertiary Education in Sales and Media. (Advantage)
- 3-5 years’ experience within a sales / target / deadline driven environment;
- Experience dealing with internal and external clients.
- Experience in media industry.
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications;
- Knowledge of sales strategies and concepts;
- Good understanding of developing sales reports.
- Sound understanding of demographic data and tools available to sell advertising.