YOU has an eight-month internship in its Cape Town office for a digitally savvy journalist with a special interest in video production as part of the Media24 Graduate Programme.
- you have a tertiary qualification in journalism or relevant programme
- you’re interested in digital media and can have a full conversation using only emojis.
- you understand things like SLR, GIF, CMS and TL;DNR.
- you’re capable of producing engaging videos that can hold attention for more than 20 seconds.
- you are as comfortable shooting a video on a smartphone as you are with a serious camera.
- you love stories and storytelling no matter what format and platform.
- you’re curious about the world and the people who live in it and in touch with what’s going on in the world.
- you’re hungry to learn and grow at a fast-growing digital brand.
Some skills we need:
- Excellent storytelling skills, especially in video format.
- Good knowledge of Wordpress.
- The ability to work fast and cope under immense pressure.
- The ability to find a fresh angle on a story that’s been pretty much everywhere.
- At least a year working in digital media.
- Excellent general knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- The ability to work in a team and take direction from an editor.
- Drive, energy and basic awesomeness.
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing stories for www.you.co.za and YOU social media platforms in various formats, especially video.
- Assist the online team with uploading content when required.
- Scouring the web for interesting stories that YOU audiences will love.
- Assist with compiling newsletters that YOU audiences will want to open.
- Assist the online team with producing/managing digital campaigns
Media24 is South Africa’s leading media company with interests in digital media and services, newspapers, magazines, ecommerce, book publishing, printing and distribution. It is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities, will be given preference.
Closing date: 23 April 2018