This leading South African publisher and agent for British and American books has an opening in the Trade Sales Division for a Sales Administration Assistant. The successful candidate will coordinate the design and compilation of monthly sales kits and presentations, and assist with general administration responsibilities. This position is based in Cape Town.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and verbal, are essential
- A general knowledge of books and/or the South African booktrade will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills
- A sound knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro), as well as Internet and e-mail is a necessity
- Any knowledge in the creation and manipulation of graphics and digital presentations would be considered very advantageous
Duties would include:
- Compilation of sales kits and order forms for presentation to the trade
- Liaising with British and American publishers
- Filing and/or distribution of sales material
- Creation of stocklists
- Creation of digital presentations
- Maintenance of data
- General secretarial work
The company offers a competitive salary, as well as membership to the Medical Aid and Retirement Funds.
Given our employment equity guidelines, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.