Women’s Health is the fastest-growing women’s magazine brand in the world. Our editorial division is a team of creatives, which works across print, digital, social and experiential. Whether supporting our signature events, like Women’s Health Fit Night Out, planning our digital content, developing our social media profiles, writing feature content or bite-sized news pieces, we are always finding ways to inspire our audiences to build a healthy body for life. Our promise is wellness – whether that’s through fitness, health, nutrition, lifestyle, relationships, careers or finances, the content possibilities are endless and the pace is fast.
Your role as art director
You will be responsible for creating and conceptualising all design and visual content for all platforms - that keeps WH competitive, as well as loved and trusted by its audience and clients.
You will also:
- Design and visually conceptualise printed and digital brand extensions, as and when required.
- Produce high-quality work within deadlines.
- Showcase your ability to shoot visuals nobody else has – these will be locally relevant, visually strong and on-brand and able to be syndicated across the WH global network.
- Build a network of contacts to ensure WH has access to the best photographers and creatives.
- Be enthusiastic and energetic.
- Work closely with the team to ensure a high-quality product.
We’re excited if you have:
- A degree or diploma in graphic design / media studies.
- At least six years’ relevant media experience.
- Apple Mac literate with excellent skills in InDesign and Photoshop.
- Strong multi-channel skills and excellent eye for details.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Your own means of transport.
You’ll love working here because:
- You will assist the editor and deputy editor in conceptualising and creating visual content for the magazine, brand extensions and digital and social platforms.
- You will network with industry leaders and peers and you’ll work with some of the most talented and passionate people and teams.
- You will grow your profile, representing the brand in social media, in traditional media and at events.
- Your package will include comprehensive medical aid and pension and 20 working days’ leave per year.
- The parent company, Media24, is South Africa’s leading media company with interests in digital media and services, newspapers, magazines and book publishing. It is part of Naspers, a multinational of media and e-commerce platforms.