New Media is looking for a dynamic, creative and commercially savvy leader for our Food division, primarily working over two brands. If you choose brave in all that you do, read on.
Eat Out and Food24 currently make up South Africa’s largest food audience. We need a person with the marketing, creative and strategic skills to take these incredible brands even further.
Aside from daily online multimedia content, the brands include a variety of national reader events, print, an app and thriving social audiences. A training school and pop-up restaurant are also in the pipeline. You need the vision to coordinate and market these various assets and develop the brands into new areas.
Relationship building and creating collaborations within the food industry are core skills. You also need creative and editorial understanding to guide the content team where necessary and to create/identify opportunities where our specialist food content marketing skills can be shared with other brands.
You will be responsible for client service and relationship development, and will need strong strategy development skills. You will be expected to present growth strategies to take New Media into new areas within the content focus area.
You will lead and manage the team behind the brands, including content producers, event planners, sales and admin people.
The ideal candidate will also need:
- Good people management experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- To be an innovative and creative thinker
- A good understanding of content marketing through digital media, including: consumer and audience psychology, native campaigns and native applications, social media, digital content optimisation, email and mobile marketing, SEO, web writing, KPI management and data analytics
- A good understanding of print media
- A good understanding of food and food media
Shortlisted candidates will be required to deliver a presentation including:
- A top-level strategy for growing the business within the focus area – where are the opportunities and what is required to grab them?
- Personal strengths in line with the skills required
- Personal growth required in line with the skills required (and how this could be supplemented or skills grown)
At New Media, we generate a measurable return on investment by creating emotional connections that matter – and our Purple People are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we strive to create a flexible and balanced environment where New Medians can choose brave, stay well and own their growth.
If you’re keen to work with us on these prestigious brands, apply on LinkedIn or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on 28 February, indicating the position in the subject line.
Note: New Media aims to provide equal opportunities in terms of its employment equity guidelines. We reserve the right to not fill this position should a suitable candidate not be found.