Media24- Famous Publishing, the proud publishers of The Ridge and The Crest community magazines, has a vacancy for an Account Manager. The incumbent will report to the sales manager and will be based in La Lucia. The main purpose of the role is to generate sales and new business deals, service current clients and key accounts and grow current sales by regularly calling on designated clients and accounts to sell the company's products and services within the geographic or product boundaries and thereby meet predetermined monthly revenue targets.
- 3-5 years’ experience within a sales / target driven environment;
- Grade 12 (Tertiary Education in Sales and Marketing will be advantageous)
- Experience dealing with advertising agencies.
- Experience in media industry.
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications;
- Knowledge of sales strategies and concepts;
- Good understanding of developing sales reports.
- Sound understanding of demographic data (LSM).
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to build and maintain good client relationships
- Customer Service orientated
- Goal orientated and motivated to succeed
- Pressure resilience
- Good planning and organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time management skills
- Computer literate
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement account plans and approaches in line with the overall strategy formulated by the Sales Manager (Regional / National);
- Identify and generate new business opportunities ongoing to achieve predetermined sales targets;
- Prepare and present sales proposals and presentations to new and existing clients to negotiate and close deals;
- Create tailored solutions that meet the client’s short and long-term needs;
- Build strategic working relationships with clients and maintain a high level of client contact (telephonic, email communication and face to face) to ensure that their specific requirements are addressed, to monitor and grow existing business;
- Analyse potential sales opportunities by using data analyses, segmented research and information available to identify the needs most required and valued by these clients;
- Provide professional and exceptional client service in all interactions with clients;
- Closely monitor competitors and maintain client database;
- Keep all administrative work updated including service level agreements and contracts;
- Report on sales opportunities and achievements as required (weekly and monthly); and
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups