Media24, part of the Naspers Group, touches the lives of millions of consumers every day through our online and print media, book publishing, online services and ecommerce platforms is offering 7 fixed term contacts for IT graduates (or currently studying part time) The contract will be for 6 months and 6 employees will be based at the Media24 offices in Cape Town and 1 employee will be based at the Media24 offices in Media Park, Auckland Park, Johannesburg.
Main Purpose of the Role
Configures, installs, monitors and maintains IT users’ desktop software and hardware; supports mobile workforce.
- Currently studying towards an IT qualification (part time) or completed with a registered institution (Comptia A+ minimum)
- Available immediately
- Knowledge of relevant software packages and applications (Office 365)
- Provides consultation to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based software.
- Provides technical support and guidance through Tier 2 support and works with vendors to resolve Tier 3 issues.
- Responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines.
- Provides on-site training to users.
- Evaluates, maintains, modifies (e.g., creates macros, templates) and documents desktop application packages, participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
- Consults with and makes recommendations to IT users on selection of hardware and software products to address business requirements.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- High attention to detail
- Customer Service skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Good follow up skills
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.