SA’s leading content agency seeks a strategic thinker to support our business objectives through the innovative management of our human resources. This role is based in Cape Town but also supports a team based in Johannesburg. If you have good judgement and integrity, and choose brave in all that you do, read on.
Your job will be to ensure that we have an engaged, happy and productive team, and you will be responsible for:
- Implementing HR strategies in line with our business goals and translating them into plans.
- Designing, implementing, communicating and monitoring HR processes.
- Ensuring that an effective HR service is delivered by reviewing processes and practices.
- Implementing performance culture interventions.
- Assisting the MD with succession planning.
- Implementing our learning and development strategy.
- Managing recruitment and selection processes.
- Managing relationships with recruitment agencies.
- Overseeing day-to-day remuneration issues.
- Monitoring and providing advice as required to line managers during the annual salary review process.
- Monitoring retention through the effective use of exit interviews and other employee surveys.
- Managing and facilitating employee relations issues.
- Ensuring we are complying with the requirements of the Skills Development Act.
- Ensuring compliance with employment equity.
- Implementing and assisting with onboarding.
- Implementing and supporting wellness initiatives.
- Managing the HR team members.
- Managing allocated elements of the HR budget and reconciling expenses.
- Providing accurate and timeous HR information and reports as required.
The ideal candidate will have a tertiary qualification in HR or industrial psychology and 5-8 years’ generalist HR experience. Integrity is crucial in this role, which also calls for an effective communicator and relationship builder who is results-driven and has a passion for our business.
Skills and competencies
- Knowledge of South African labour law, and in-depth knowledge of our business and industry
- Solid knowledge of HR principles, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant software packages and applications
- Solid understanding of general business and commercial principles and trends
- Conflict resolution, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Change management skills
- Data and trend analysis
- Business acumen
At New Media, we generate measurable return on investment by creating emotional connections that matter – and our Purple People are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we strive to create a flexible and balanced environment where New Medians can choose brave, stay well and own their growth.
If you’re keen to join us in this critical role, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on 6 April 2020, indicating the position in the subject line.
Note: New Media aims to provide equal opportunities in terms of its employment equity guidelines. We reserve the right to not fill this position should a suitable candidate not be found.