Soccer Laduma is looking for a committed, passionate, dynamic and avid football writer to contribute to its online editorial department.
You'll be joining an expanding and highly successful team. This is an opportunity to not only work with, but also to learn from the team at this leading Soccer publication who live off their football passion.
The position is based in Cape Town.
- Produce well-written content every day
- Conduct interviews
- Adhere to Soccer Laduma’s policies
- Responsible in helping to grow Soccer Laduma’s social media accounts
- Work closely with the manager/editor
- Write original and researched stories
- Assist in creating fun and interactive social media graphics
- Be willing to contact supporters, agents, coaches for exclusive content
- Be able to use social media
- Must be able to follow KPI structures and self-evaluation forms.
- Writing experience
- Tertiary education in English, journalism or communication ideal
- Ability to write concisely
- Excellent written, grammar and communication skills
- Professional work ethic
- Independent worker
- Keen interest in learning and developing his/her writing and football knowledge.
- Open to trying out new ideas
- Social media literate
- Dedicated, hard working
- Must be able to work under pressure and deal with deadlines
- Must be able to fill out reports
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups