Swipe iX is looking for an enthusiastic, diligent and experienced Digital Project Manager who can take control of a diverse client portfolio to define functional requirements, represent stakeholder interests within the agency and drive deliverables forward through industry best practice scrum and agile methodologies. The role is to manage a set of assigned projects; develop relationships with the respective business stakeholders and team members; oversee the development within the production studio; and create comprehensive support materials and documentation to aid in project scoping and delivery.
- A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of iterative web and app development processes and operations.
- The ability to write comprehensive briefs, proposals, scoping documentation, reports and project plans.
- An understanding of digital products, the latest trends in digital and emerging innovations that can contribute to better solutions.
- Experience with project management tools such as Pivotal Tracker, Jira, Trello, Basecamp or similar.
- Operates as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to client account management including, but not limited to extracting briefs, crafting proposals, scoping documentation, project plans, tracking and reporting on progress as well as maintaining clear and constant communication across various channels.
- Develop a trusted relationship with key personnel, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors, lead meetings & brainstorming workshops, present ideas and recommend enhancements or innovations.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of projects according to customer needs and objectives by driving project deliverables within the production studio related to design or development.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing clients by proactively identifying areas of improvement that will expand the scope and size of accounts.
- Excellent communicator ensuring that all information regarding changes in scope, budget, delays & other issues are communicated to key stakeholders and risk is mitigated effectively along with dependencies and impediments being resolved.
- Balancing the time of the various development and design resources within your team with what tasks need to be prioritised across the portfolio and in line with project budgets.
- Maintaining business processes that enable efficiency, productivity and oversight within the team and project throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven work experience as a Digital Project Manager or other relevant experience within a digital development agency, software, production environment.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels of the organization, including C-level.
- Experience with project management tools and CRM systems as well as documentation, productivity and communication tools such as Confluence, Target Process, Jira, Google apps, Slack etc.
- Experience in delivering large scale, custom-built web and mobile solutions based on bespoke requirements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail and balancing resource requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with a presentable and professional appearance.
Founded in early 2014 by industry leaders Leo Redelinghuys and Deon Heunis, Swipe iX has quickly grown to become one of the most dynamic and versatile digital solutions agencies in Africa. With globally recognised clients including WeChat, DStv and Discovery Networks UK, to name a few, our team of senior solutions architects, technical designers and operations specialists have had the privilege of working on some of the most exciting technical executions of their careers’.
As of 2020 Swipe iX is owned by South Africa’s leading content marketing agency, New Media, combining decades of award-winning storytelling expertise with solid, scalable tech solutions. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we strive to create a flexible and balanced environment where New Medians and Swipers can choose brave, stay well and own their growth.
Passion and dedication are what drives the engine of our growth. Our enterprise-grade solutions are purpose-built from the ground up to satisfy every requirement and our platforms scale to support any load. Our agile approach allows us to constantly monitor, analyse, iterate and improve the products we build. Our solutions are powered by deep strategic thinking, global industry insights and operational best practices.
Innovation and energy
You approach your work with passion, pace and enthusiasm and are willing to go the extra mile to achieve results. You are innovative, focussing on solutions and bring a positive spirit to the team.
Open to learning and sharing
You constantly look for opportunities to learn and grow. You use team strengths and experiences and ask when you need advice or help. You share your ideas and knowledge with others. You listen, are receptive and open to feedback (i.e. not defensive). You are flexible to changing business needs.
Invest in future potential
You are self-motivated and eagerly drive your own development. You are willing to invest the time and effort necessary to grow. You are also prepared to give freely of your time and energy to assist in developing others and the business as a whole.
Courage to contribute ideas
You make suggestions and participate actively in your projects and activities. You proactively deal with difficult situations and focus on finding workable solutions that are in the best interests of the project, department and business.
Celebrate and reward excellence in contribution
You enthusiastically celebrate and acknowledge excellence in individuals and teams. You aspire to achieve Swipe's high standards consistently and, in so doing, participate in driving a culture of performance and contribution.
While we do not offer hard benefits like medical insurance, we have a number of additional benefits that will be made available to you. These include:
- Annual performance-based bonuses
- 4 1/2 day work weeks | half-day Fridays
- A custom development roadmap explicitly created for you and tailored towards your career aspirations and growth
- Company-sponsored skills development programs such as courses, seminars and conferences
- A clear purpose with quarterly and yearly KPIs to measure your performance
- Quarterly company-wide hackathons
- The option to work remotely
- State-of-the-art computer equipment
- Medical aid subsidy to the value of R500
- Various discounts for services and goods through the Media24 network
- CSI, Study, paternal leave and more
- Company social and team-building initiatives
- Monthly and annual MVP awards and prizes
Given the employment equity policy of Swipe iX, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.
Based on our risk assessment, being fully vaccinated against Covid-19 is an inherent requirement of this job. Our policy makes provision for exemption, and applicants who make a successful application for exemption will also be considered.