Media 24 has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and sponsorship coordinator. The successful candidate will have to offer support to and assist the marketing team with the execution of marketing plans and to negotiate sponsorship deals in order to meet marketing targets for the WP Media and Die Burger portfolios. This position is based in Bellville.
- Assist the marketing team with the execution of all marketing plans (strategic and tactical) that have been developed in consultation with the key stakeholders;
- Identify and approach possible sponsors for events and negotiate sponsorship deals;
- Assist with the planning and coordinating of marketing events;
- Attend functions and events to ensure that operations run smoothly;
- Develop and sustain relationships with sponsors, advertisers and service providers;
- Perform certain marketing administration functions accurately and within the required deadlines;
- Conceptualise and execute the production of promotional and corporate gifts and branding, liaising with suppliers, negotiating costs and delivery dates etc.
- As directed by the Marketing Manager, negotiate and execute barter agreements and media sponsorships.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Afrikaans;
- Planning and organising;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Pressure resilience;
- Sense of urgency;
- Team player;
- Target-driven and results orientation.
- Relevant tertiary degree or diploma in marketing, sales or something similar.
- At least two years’ experience in marketing/sales with a proven track record.
- Experience within a large corporate environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of relevant software packages, events management, advertising sales, and sponsorship proposals advantageous.
- Established network of contacts in the sponsorship/business sector would be preferred
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups