Media 24 has an exciting opportunity for a transport controller. The successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all company vehicles are serviced and maintained in a roadworthy condition and that all mechanical handling equipment is maintained in accordance with company policy. This position will be based in Cape Town.
- Ensuring the optimum utilization and maintenance of the vehicle fleet at the respective branches in the most cost effective manner;
- Check and process all documentation and controls with respect to transport at the branch;
- Conduct full fleet inspections to identify defects and remedy/arrange for repairs as required;
- Check trip reports, noting any reported complaints and addressing them;
- Correct handling of accidents and completion of required documentation as prescribed;
- Maintain service register and manage schedules so as to arrange cost effective services;
- Check service provider reports (e.g. maintenance, tyre suppliers etc) for accuracy and identify/report on all departures;
- Ensure effective control and security of spare keys;
- Unlock safes for retrieval of cash upon return to branch;
- Manage running expenses within the allowed budget;
- Ensure economic fuel consumption of the fleet, ensuring all transactions are entered on the VMS, following up on any discrepancies;
- Report back to management regarding variances and corrective action taken;
- Input of km’s on VMS, processing of reports, identifying discrepancies;
- Utilise VMS for planning and management to allow for the most economical use of the fleet;
- Handle fines, warnings and acknowledgements of debts;
- Utilise VMS for checking validity of licenses and PRDP’s as required by law; and
- Ensuring effective coordination of stock delivery and merchandising.
Skills and competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organising
- Pressure resilience
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Matric/Grade 12
- Relevant post matric qualification an advantage
- Valid driver’s license Code 10 and PDP.
- 2-3 years administrative experience with supervisory experience an advantage.
- Transport and Logistics experience i.e. Fleet Management.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of vehicles and relevant legislation;
- Proficient in relevant software packages and applications
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups